Strong and Mindful Mothers Retreat
Mothers Only / 6 day / May 20-25th, 2017
Breakwater’s Renewal throught Adventure: A Self-Care Course for Mothers
This retreat is designed to build community among mothers who share similar experiences of facing challenges in a care-giving role. Learn how to help incorporate self-care into daily life, identify and strengthen healthy boundaries, and promote self-growth through reflection and mindful activities. This experience will incorporate both land-based activities and comfortable accommodations with two days and nights of kayaking in the Sound.
- To connect with other mothers and build community with women who’ve had similar experiences
- To practice and learn to incorporate self care into daily living
- To identify and strengthen healthy boundaries
To experience a personal process of self-growth through facilitated reflection and mindfulness activities
- To prioritize personal wellness with healthy meals, physical activity, and stress reduction practices
- Guided mindfulness practices
- Community building activities
- Supported solo experience
- Front country activities and amenities combined with shorter backcountry experience (two nights)
- Mothers Only
- Front Country and Backcountry Retreat
- 3 nights and days of comfortable front country accommodations
- 2 days and nights sea kayaking in the Sound
- May 20 – 25, 2017
- Cost: $2800-$3100
- Dependent on participation
* Registration is open nationally, limited spaces available. Group sizes are relatively small.
Breakwater Expedition photos
San Juan Islands, Washington
A Self-Care Course for Mothers with Sommerville Bevilaqua, LPC
Sommerville is a licensed professional counselor as well as wilderness instructor and founder of ARC. She is passionate about facilitating opportunities for individuals and groups to connect with the natural world, to explore their inner-landscapes, and to discover within themselves a strength and beauty more powerful than they previously knew. She has worked in the mental health field since 2010 and in the outdoors since 2000, incorporating curiosity, humor, deep compassion, and respect into her various roles. Sommerville enjoys exploring the rock and water of her home in Western North Carolina, as well as continuing to learn from new places and people around the world.
Sommerville can be reached directly by email: [email protected]
Her additional offerings can be found at http://www.aspenrootscollective.com.